How do you say goodbye in Mandarin Chinese?
To say goodbye in Mandarin Chinese you say zài jiàn – 再见, both of these two characters are pronounced in forth tone. Zài means again, once more, and jiàn means see, meet.
How do you say basic greetings in Chinese?
Basic Mandarin Chinese Words and Phrases
- Hello: Nǐhǎo (Nee how)
- Thank you: Xièxiè (Shieh-shieh)
- You’re welcome: Bù kèqì (Boo kuh-chi)
- Good morning: Zǎo (Zhow)
- Goodnight: Wǎn’ān (One-un)
- My name is…: Wǒ jiào… (
- My friend’s name is…: Wǒ de péngyǒu jiào…
What is the easiest way to learn Mandarin?
Learning Chinese isn’t difficult at all if you know where to look and what to look for.
- Use music videos. Using music is one of the best ways to learn a new language because it’s fun and interesting!
- Regularly meet with a conversation partner.
- Watch Chinese shows with subtitles.
- Listen to audiobooks.
- Listen to podcasts.
Why do Chinese say bye bye?
3. “Bye bye” in Chinese – 拜拜(bàibài) It’s exactly what it sounds like, “bye bye”, because it’s a loanword from English. You’d be okay to just say 拜(bài) but the native Chinese speakers almost always say both of them.
Is salutations hello or goodbye?
In a letter, the salutation is the part that says “To whom it may concern” or “Dear John.” When we talk, we give salutations like “hello,” “hi there,” “hey,” and “welcome.” Another more formal type of salutation gives honor to others — like a salute.
How do you say formal bye?
Common Ways to Say Goodbye in English
- Bye. This is the standard goodbye.
- Bye bye! This sweet and babyish expression is usually only used when speaking to children.
- See you later, See you soon or Talk to you later.
- I’ve got to get going or I must be going.
- Take it easy.
- I’m off.
- Have a nice day or Have a good _____
Can you learn Mandarin by yourself?
Learning Chinese on your own is definitely possible, but it depends on what you mean by “on my own.” If, for you, this means “without a formal teacher/tutor,” then yes, it’s more difficult but still reasonable. If “learning Chinese on my own” means “without any Chinese friends,” then it’s very unlikely.
Can I teach myself Mandarin?
You can teach yourself Mandarin, but at the end of the day, language is a tool to communicate and communication is a two way process. Start finding opportunities to speak or write (and when we say write, we mean type) in Chinese. Basically, use it or lose it.