Who is the best philosopher today?
Ten Most Influential Philosophers Today
- Sally Haslanger.
- Daniel Dennett.
- Linda Martin Alcoff.
- Martha Nussbaum.
- David Chalmers.
- Jennifer Saul.
- Noam Chomsky.
- Jürgen Habermas.
Why is philosophy so hard?
Philosophy is difficult to understand because it sometimes talks about subject matter to which one cannot relate to some direct, practical experience. The point is that philosophy is just as technical and full of jargon as other sciences are, and simply cannot be reduced to some bite-sized inspirational quotes.
What’s the longest book ever?
Remembrance of Things Past
What is considered the greatest book of all time?
Here is a list of 12 novels that, for various reasons, have been considered some of the greatest works of literature ever written.
- Anna Karenina. Greta Garbo in Anna Karenina.
- To Kill a Mockingbird. To Kill a Mockingbird.
- The Great Gatsby. F.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude.
- A Passage to India.
- Invisible Man.
- Don Quixote.
What is the #1 best selling book?
According to Guinness World Records as of 1995, the Bible is the best-selling book of all time with an estimated 5 billion copies sold and distributed.
What are the top 5 books you must read?
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee.
- The Great Gatsby, by F Scott Fitzgerald.
- Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe.
- Moby-Dick, by Herman Melville.
- The Color Purple, by Alice Walker.
- Catch-22, by Joseph Heller.
- Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand.
- The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
What is the most evil book ever written?
What is the darkest book of all time?
|1||1984 by George Orwell 4.19 avg rating — 3,392,731 ratings score: 25,459, and 258 people voted|
|2||American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis 3.82 avg rating — 255,344 ratings score: 23,813, and 249 people voted|
|3||A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess 3.99 avg rating — 628,174 ratings score: 22,532, and 239 people voted|
What books are as good as Harry Potter?
Books To Read If You Love Harry Potter
- A Deadly Education. by Naomi Novik. Paperback.
- The Alchemyst. by Michael Scott. Paperback.
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. by Ransom Riggs.
- The Magicians. by Lev Grossman.
- Half Bad. by Sally Green.
- Akata Witch. by Nnedi Okorafor.
- Vampire Academy. by Richelle Mead.
- The Golden Compass Graphic Novel. by Philip Pullman.
What should I read if I like Percy Jackson?
Audiobooks Like Percy Jackson: What to Listen to After Finishing the Series
- Aru Shah and the End of Time. stop. Aru Shah and the End of Time.
- The Jumbies. stop. The Jumbies.
- Shadows of Sherwood. stop. Shadows of Sherwood.
- Artemis Fowl. stop.
- Dragon Pearl. stop.
- The Serpent’s Secret. stop.
- Loki’s Wolves. stop.
- The Storm Runner. stop.
Is there any book better than Harry Potter?
The Magicians by Lev Grossman When Quentin Coldwater is unexpectedly accepted into a secret and elite college of magic, his longtime obsession with a series of children’s fantasy novels no longer seems so absurd.
Is LOTR worth reading?
The Lord of the Rings trilogy is absolutely worth reading, even though they’re very long and a bit monotonous. There’s so much to the story that doesn’t make it into movies, side stories and fascinating tidbits that you miss if you don’t take the plunge.
Can an 8 year old read Harry Potter?
7–9: A great age to begin (for younger kids, consider reading aloud together). Read: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
What should a 12 year old read after Harry Potter?
Books Like Harry Potter: 15 Series to Read Next
- Pennyroyal Academy Series. by M.A. Larson.
- The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Series. by Michael Scott.
- Sam London Adventure Series. by Todd Calgi Gallicano.
- An Epic Series of Failures Series.
- The Uncommoners Series.
- Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children Series.
- His Dark Materials Series.
- Dragon Keepers Series.
Is Percy Jackson like Harry Potter?
Many other elements of Percy Jackson are similar to Harry Potter because the novels draw from the same well of folklore and mythology. Some examples: “Harry Potter has two friends, a boy and a girl. Percy Jackson has Grover and Annabeth.
What age is Harry Potter recommended for?